Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday.... Morsel

So today's agenda for Once Upon A Week is Waiting on Wednesday...

Which isn't a meme I usually do, and since I spent all of Tuesday feeling crummy, I haven't looked too closely at what it entails.

But I know that it's basically all about a book you're waiting for-- excited about.

So, I thought I'd give you a Wednesday Morsel from a book I've been waiting on!

(Yes it's now out and I have it sitting here, so it's not a true WoW, but still.)

From the very first page of The Mermaid's Madness (by Jim C. Hines, sequel to The Stepsister Scheme)--

"The queen had discarded the royal gowns of court for clothes that bordered on improper. With her dark blue breeches and loose, pale shirt she could almost have passed for a sailor."

Now that's my kind of queen. Now if only Danielle (aka Cinderella) can keep from being horribly seasick....

No comments:

Post a Comment