Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chasing the Secret by Maya Snow

4 stars
R- 0
JF (Actually I was suprised... I'd call it YF/YA)
Violence/blood
Sequel to Sisters of the Sword

Picking up where the first book left off, this is more of Kimi and Hana's story.  As betrayal and cruelty abounds, who can the girls trust?  How will they survive?

Once again, I really enjoyed the story, though I was really surprised that the library has it listed as JF.  I would call this one slightly darker than the first and more violent.  There's a fair amount of blood as the girls fight for their lives against samurai bigger, older and stronger than they.

It's a great story for the right age group, though.  I'm really excited to read the third one, since once again we're absolutely left hanging!

Totally counts for the Support Your Local Library challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment