Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday with Boo-- Binky the Space Cat

by Ashley Spires
5 stars

This is an absolutely adorable kids graphic novel.

Cari over at Bookscoops picked this for our book club this month and once I picked it up from the library I figured I'd read it with Boo.  Well, technically she figured that.  After all, it's a kids book, so clearly I was checking it out for her.

Sooooo cute!

Simple and quick, it says the suggested age range is 7-10, but I think pretty much any kid from 3 or 4 on up will love it.

I must admit, though, that I censored as I read.  Am I the only parent that just really hates bathroom humor?  I skipped the parts about bugs eating poo and giving Binky gas.  She'll find enough of that stuff on her own, right?  I don't see a need to encourage it, you know?

Am I the only parent that skips stuff as reading aloud?

Anyway, seriously, check this one out.  It's awesome.

Counts for the Support Your Local Library challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment