Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bewitched and Betrayed by Lisa Shearin

5 Stars
R- 3.5 verging on 4
Language, Violence

Definitely more language than the last 3 and most definitely more risque.  Not that Lisa didn't warn us, because she did.  Let's just say there were a couple of pages I skimmed.  I'm kind of hoping that's a blip and not a trend.

BUT OH MY GOSH-- if you loved the first three you will LOVE this one!!  (And if you haven't read them yet, what the heck are you waiting for?!?!)

Action, adventure, our favorite kick-butt heroine.... Lisa's done it again.

Not to mention probably the best treatment of a long triangle I've ever read.  No joke.  And you know how I feel about love triangles....

We get to see a whole new side of Mychael; more great scenes with Tam; Talon and Piaras get themselves into more trouble (okay, mostly Talon); plenty of Sedge (who's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters); Vegard-- I love Vegard; we meet Imala, with her killer dimples; and of course the creepy Sarad is leaving his oily black ooze all over the place.  Oooh and Phaelan.  Can't forget him, he won't allow it. ;)  Plenty of Phaelan.

I stayed up too late finishing it.  Largely because it's been in my house for more than a WEEK and this is the first chance I've gotten to read it!!  Now I seriously need to start at the beginning and read them all again....

I love the tagline on the cover-- "Impending war is the least of her problems".  It's so true.

Plus, Lisa is like the coolest ever when it comes to her fans.  Don't believe me?  Check out her website-- LisaShearin.com.  It's newly redesigned and looks awesome.  And Lisa is always doing cool contests and giving sneak peeks on her blog.  She totally rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment