Monday, June 7, 2010

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

5 Stars
R-1

First off, I LOVE the cover.  Isn't it cool?

Second, I LOVED this book, but it gave me the WEIRDEST dreams ever.  Probably because I finished it after midnight and went straight to bed.  Go figure.  :)

Anyway, it's no secret that I love Maria V. Snyder's books.  She's amazing.

And this new YA distopian is no different.  Fabulous.

Trella is a "scrub"-- spending all her days cleaning the pipes and ducts of Inside.  (Okay, so "days" maybe isn't the best way to put it.  They don't really have days.  Just hours and 100 hour weeks.)

Trella really just wants to be left alone, but when she accidentally starts a revolution she realizes solitude maybe isn't all it's cracked up to be.  And maybe the Uppers and the scrubs aren't all that different after all.

While this book could stand alone, happily there is a sequel in the works.  Outside In will be available sometime next year.  Yea!  :D

I haven't actually read a whole lot of dystopian books, but they do seem to be everywhere of late.  I know there are a ton on my TBR list.  What's your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. I want to read this one soon. It sounds really good.

    I really like Susan Beth Pfeffer's Moon series. It is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried so hard to get into this book. I read halfway through it in a week and I just had to put it down for awhile. I may come back to it again someday.

    I second the moon series. That is awesome stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of this one too! Just thinking about a sequel gets me all excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the Moon series yet, but I keep hearing about it. I need to read it.

    Andrea, you should pick this up soon!
    Emily, give it another try in a while. I always have to be in the right mood for what I'm reading. :)

    Melissa, I know! I think I heard January as the pub date? I hope?! lol

    ReplyDelete