So I saw this idea over at Angieville and thought it was hilarious!
Granted, my girls are more interested in Elephant (from Mo Willems books) or Buzz Lightyear or something, and my girls are nowhere near dating age (thank heavens!), but it's still amusing to consider....
Here's my top 5 (in no particular order):
1. Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley. They're kind of givens, right? :) Love them both.
2. Mychael from Lisa Shearin's Raine Benares books. *dreamy sigh* Gorgeous (not that it matters, but it's bonus, right?), magical, smart, funny.... Yeah, I'd let him date my daughters. (Well, not at the same time.)
3. Colin Hargreaves from Tasha Alexander's Emily Ashton books. Okay, so he has a dangerous job and he'd be gone for work from time to time, but a man that intelligent and caring is worth it, right?
4. Ari or Janco from Maria V. Snyder's Study and Glass books. Protective, loyal, funny-- either one of these guys would be awesome!
5. Razo from Shannon Hale's Books of Bayern. It's no secret I love Razo. He's adorable.
There are also several characters that, though I love them, don't make the cut:
1. Brisbane from Deanna Raybourn's books. Love him, and I'm sure Boo could give him a run for his money, but really.... not sure if I'd let him date her.
2. Valek from the Study books. I ADORE Valek. I really do. But there's just something about the idea of your daughter dating an assassin....
3. Tam from the Raine Benares books. I don't think any mother trusts Tam any farther than she could throw him. :)
4. Emerson from the Amelia Peabody books. I love him, but I don't think any mother really wants their daughter to date someone that will love their job more than her...
And of course there are characters that I'd cheerfully let my 6'4" husband run off our property with his broadsword. :) (Romeo, comes to mind instantly.)
Who would YOU let you daughters date?