Monday, July 19, 2010

Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare

DNF
R- probably a 3 or 4

I honestly tried.  I did.  I got through a whole 29 pages.  A chapter and a half.

Romance is not my favorite genre.  In fact, it's probably the only genre I ACTIVELY avoid.

Now this is not about it being beneath me or anything like that.  I just get bored.  And/or I find it hilarious when it's not supposed to be.  It simply does not work for me if the whole point of the book is the romance.

This one is a period romance, centering on Lucy and Jeremy, her older brother's best friend.  Lucy's decided to use Jeremy for seduction practice so that she can lure the man she really wants away from the woman he's courting.  But when she falls in love with Jeremy, what will she do?

If this is your thing, go for it.  The first chapter was amusing (and I think at least some of it was meant to be).  :)

Counts for the Reader's Choice challenge, but I won't count it for the Support Your Local Library since I didn't finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment