Friday, September 10, 2010

The Osiris Ritual by George Mann

4 stars
R-0
Sequel to The Affinity Bridge

Newbury and Hobbes are back-- this time in overlapping mysteries.  He's investigating a strange mummy, a murder and a rogue agent.  She's investigating a series of disappearances.  Soon, though, it becomes clear that there may only really be one mystery.

More scattered than the first, especially since they don't seem to be working together much until the end.  I still enjoyed it, though.

The thing that annoyed me, though-- can we get over the whole opium thing?!  I mean, really.  It's getting very very old, very very quickly.

The ending has left me extremely curious about the next book, though!  I'm sure I have to wait a year, probably... darn it all.

Counts for the Support Your Local Library challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment