Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn

5 stars
R- 2.5

*Happy sigh*

Another wonderful entry in the chronicles of Lady Julia Grey, now Brisbane.  :)

I would have liked a bit more of Brisbane, but really, wouldn't we all.

The book managed to take me by surprise in a few instances, which I'm always impressed by, and as the title indicates, it is dark.  Possibly the darkest yet.

Julia and Brisbane are run to ground in Cairo near the end of their wedding trip by Portia and Plum, who absolutely INSIST that the pair come with them to India.  But of course, things are never quite as they seem, and more sinister things are a-foot.

And they even meet a family that makes the Marches seem positively conventional by comparison.  Which one almost wouldn't have thought possible.

All in all, a most satisfying read.  The kind that makes you stay up far too late to finish it.  I certainly did.

Counts for the Support Your Local Library Challenge (bonus book!  I've passed my goal, but the year is not over yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment