Monday, November 29, 2010

Regression by Kathy Bell

*This was SUPPOSED to post Friday... Blogger ate it!*

4.5 stars
R- 2.5
Copy received for review through Virtual Book Tours

This is possibly one of the most fascinating concepts I have ever read.  It's time travel, and yet it's not.  It's so interesting.

Adya wakes up from a head injury frantic about her baby, who'd been in the car with her in the accident, only to find that it's 1985, not 2011, and she's 14, not 40.  (As if anyone would want to be 14 again, ugh.)

As Adya starts to notice differences in the world around her from what she remembers, she becomes involved with the Three Eleven Corporation and their quest to save the world and finds that the leaders of Three Eleven are all like her.

Of course, the problem is they're all men and think she's a fluke.  After all, she was just a stay-at-home mom in her former life.  Can I tell you how much I LOVED seeing her put them in their places about that?!  AWESOME.

So, there were some formatting/editing issues and a couple places where it was hard to follow, but the idea was so intriguing that it didn't bother me anywhere near as much as that stuff normally does.

Be aware-- there IS a sequel and a third book will be coming out next year, I think.  This book does NOT complete the story.  Totally left hanging.  In a "when can I get my hands on the next book" kind of way.

There are also some really interesting moral/ethical questions.  What would you do with knowledge of the future?  And the moral implications of Adya's role are... tricky.  But the concept is amazing. 

I can't wait to find out more!  The local library doesn't have these books in their system... I think I'm going to put in a request!

1 comment: