Friday, December 24, 2010

Dangerous to Know by Tasha Alexander

5 stars
R- 2

It's no secret that I love these books.

This latest was no different.

Recovering from her latest adventure in Constantinople, Emily is in Normandy "enjoying" her new mother-in-law's "hospitality".

Between tensions there and her slow recovery, things are rough.... and then she finds a body.

We have a cameo appearance from the colorful (pun intended) Monet, and the dashing Sabastian Capet is back.  Plus, of course, Cecile and her ever-present pooches.

Some of the domestic drama was... annoying.  Thing is, it was all COMPLETELY in character AND appropriate to the era.  Therefore, you couldn't be too annoyed.

And really, the way it's resolved is great.  I loved that.  :)

I didn't see the ending coming, which is always kind of a nice thing.  I mean, I sort of saw bits of it, but I hadn't yet figured out who did it. 

Some of the emotional and domestic trickiness is kind of hard... especially if you're a mom.  But not terrible.

I cannot wait for the next one.  I never can. :)

Counts for the Support Your Local Library Challenge.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment