Thursday, January 6, 2011

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman

5 stars
R- 2

Okay, so when I start out with a new Reader's Choice list, I often pick one I'm not very interested in to read first.  One that isn't my style; that I wouldn't pick up if it weren't on the list.

Which is exactly what I did here.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think this looked like a bad book, just not really my style.

I loved it.

Which is, of course, the whole point of making yourself read things you don't think are "for you"-- sometimes you find something you love.

This book is heartbreaking and hopeful.  Beautiful and tragic.  And fabulous.

CeeCee is 12 when her life turns upside down... or maybe right-side up?  Whisked away by an aunt she doesn't know to a city she's never even visited, CeeCee must heal.  And she does.  Surrounded by crazy, powerful women, CeeCee finds herself.

Definitely recommended.  To anyone, but especially those who love to see some real "girl power". ;)

Counts for the Reader's Choice and Support Your Local Library challenges!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Britt ... what a lovely review of CeeCee! Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm delighted that you enjoyed my novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for stopping by!

    Beth, Thank you for the novel! :)

    ReplyDelete