Monday, June 27, 2011

The Devil Colony by James Rollins-- DNF

Received for review (unsolicited)

Couldn't finish it. Not in the mood for the violence. And honestly felt like if you're going to base large parts of your story on a religion you're "fascinated by" you could at least be a little more respectful. (The tone just didn't feel right that way.)


Also, living in Utah all the little things about Utah that were so obviously written by someone not from here drove me nuts. It happens, it's not a big deal, but it bugs me.
 
Overall, I was intrigued by the storyline but just couldn't devote that much time to it with everything that was bugging me.  (And it felt like it was several books into a series.... I hate starting in the middle like that.)

Anyway, the story is a bit "National Treasure" but for grown-ups who like thrillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment