Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Don't Kill the Messenger by Eileen Rendahl

4 stars
R- 3

Okay, so you know I don't really do vampire books, but this was on the Reader's Choice list so I grabbed it.

I guess I shouldn't call it a vampire book, though.  It's a paranormal romance with vampires, werewolves, kiang shi, imps, banshees.... oh, and Kokopelli.

The main character is a "messenger"-- a human with paranormal skills that acts as a go-between for all the things that go bump in the night.  Like the vampire that works the night shift in the ER (he's a doctor).  Or the werewolf that runs the local pub.

Overall, it was kind of fun.  I liked the characters for the most part.  There was plenty of action.  The romance wasn't dreadful. ;)

If you like paranormals, this is probably a good bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment