Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin

4 stars
r-2

Interesting, though not really what I expected at all.  Not that I'm sure what I expected, lol.

This is NOT the story of a girl's disappearance.  Yes, a girl has disappeared, and that's a catalyst, but it's not really the point.

Really, this is the story of two men in Mississippi-- men who were friends once upon a time.

I liked the shifting perspectives; they were quite well done.

Overall it was a really interesting story... with twists I totally didn't see coming.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful novel. Tom Franklin nails the sights, sounds, scents, and most importantly the emotions of growing up in Mississippi. Fractured relationships, burried by years of regret highten the suspense and mystery in the small southern town of Chabot. I hope this isn't the last story set here by Franklin. Mississippi needs another fictional county to enthral us with its secrets.

    ReplyDelete