Friday, September 9, 2011

Red Station by Adrian Magson

3.5 stars
R-2

This book fell kind of flat for me.

In a book about spies, no one should be quite what they seem.... and yet in this book it seemed everyone was.

I kept waiting for the twist.... which friend was really a foe?  Or vice versa.  And it just never came.

It was a little like Nancy Drew grew up and joined the CIA.  (Yes, I know Harry Tate is male and British- it's not a perfect comparison.)

Also struggled with all of the British-isms, so to speak.  I can deal with wording that sounds terribly awkward to an American reader and spelling that simply looks atrocious, but all of the governmental alphabet soup needed explanation.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with my own government's mess of letters.

I might read the next one to see if it gets any better, but I'm not sure I'm sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment