Monday, March 5, 2012

Shore Excursion by Marie Moore

3 stars
R- 2
Copy received for review through Tribute Books

I want to be really careful how I review this one.

It had the makings of a fabulous cozy.  Really fabulous.

But it wasn't there.  It was riddled with problems, from unbelievable situations to completely stupid character choices.

And you know what, I don't blame the author at all.  I blame the editor/publisher.

Take it from someone who does a fair amount of (unpublished) writing-- you NEED a good editor.  You need someone to say- hey this works, but this doesn't, no one's going to buy that decision from that character, this scene doesn't advance the story, etc.  Because you often can't see what is obvious to a reader.

I hope this author keeps going.  I hope she writes the second Sidney Marsh mystery and gets a better editor to help her get it done.

Sidney Marsh is a fabulous heroine, she just needs some help.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Britt, thank you for taking the time to read and review Marie's book. I'm glad you liked Sidney Marsh as a heroine, and that you're looking forward to a second mystery featuring her.

    ReplyDelete