Saturday, September 29, 2012

Halloween, part 2

Here's our second Halloween book from Harper Collins.

Mia Time To Trick or Treat by Robin Farley

While the characters and idea are cute... I'm not in love with this one.  It's kind of a blah for me.

The kids like it.  I'm just kind of hoping they're not so in love with it that I have to read it over and over and over again.  I would prefer not.

I also have a gripe about the sticker activity at the end.  Because the characters are in vastly different poses you have to put specific stickers on each, making it a "get the right answer" activity more than a creative activity.  And then other stickers don't fit the scene at all and one is left wondering why they were included.

Overall, it's okay and my kids enjoyed it, but I'd be happier sticking with the similar-but-better Berenstein Bears, Little Critter, etc trick or treat books.

No comments:

Post a Comment