Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Princess Academy [and] Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale

5 stars each
YF

Princess Academy:
I read this years ago and thought I'd reviewed it, but apparently I read it before starting this blog!
Anyway, I reread it to remind myself about the characters before reading the sequel.
And once again I quite liked it.  It's a great story with fun characters.
It's cute.
I wish Boo would stop being a booger about things that I recommend and just read it, but whatever.
Highly recommended.

Palace of Stone:
This one I struggled with at the beginning.  I wasn't feeling it.  I didn't know that I wanted to deal with the political aspect.
My friend promised it got better.
And it did.
In fact, I almost think this one was a stronger novel.  A stronger story.
I really enjoyed it.

Overall- BOTH are totally recommended.  Read them in order though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment