Friday, May 24, 2013

Random Musings and Lots of Links

First off, have you read this piece by Alice Walker's daughter??
How my mother's fanatical views tore us apart- Rebecca Walker

If you haven't, I highly recommend it. I found it very interesting, especially seeing it so soon after finishing Family Secrets, which talks a lot about movements like the more extreme feminism and the idea that the nuclear family had become obsolete.
What a strong women to be able to overcome that kind of an upbringing and learn the value of motherhood!


Second, you may or may not know- I have clinical depression and anxiety.  It's something that I've learned to be really open about... and yet still don't necessarily talk about.
Anyway, I came across a couple of posts recently that I think are just dead on (no suicidal puns intended there) and wanted to share them:
Adventures in Depression (Hyperbole and a half)
Depression, Part 2 (Hyperbole and a half)

Now, just in case you're concerned, this is not a cry for help.  I'm actually amazing healthy right now. But I haven't always been.  And I probably won't always be.  And what she says is just so true... so real... so accurate.

Hmmm, so I'm realizing now that this could be kind of a depressing post...  so here's a couple of links to the pinterest boards where I post funny stuff... just to lighten the mood. ;)

Makes Me Smile

Queen of My Own Little Nerd-dom

No comments:

Post a Comment