Friday, December 19, 2014

Bookish Gift Idea Round Up-- Family Edition

Fortunately, The Milk.  Okay, so I think I maybe already reviewed this one.  Maybe.  I don't know anymore; it's been a weird year.  EVERYONE in my house enjoyed this book.  I read it, my husband read it, Boo read it, Mister read it.  I read it out loud to MeiMei.  It's a huge hit across the board.  Really, everyone should read this.  Frankly, you could just buy this for everyone on your list and be done shopping. ;)

PENGUIN CHRISTMAS CLASSICS. The series, an elite combination of world’s most cherished Christmas stories, includes, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, Christmas at Thompson Hall: And Other Christmas Stories by Anthony Trollope, A Merry Christmas: And Other Christmas Stories by Louisa May Alcott, The Night Before Christmas by Nikolai Gogol, and The Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffmann.  We got these for review and they are lovely.  I love the coordinating covers.  I'm surprising the kids with them this weekend.  Mister collects editions of The Night Before Christmas, and MeiMei is enjoying the story of the Nutcracker this year, so I'm excited for them to see those.  I'm also hoping that Boo is old enough to want to read A Christmas Carol this year.  Or maybe we'll all read it aloud together.  The Louisa May Alcott is another that I'm really hoping Boo gets excited about.  It's kind of exciting to surprise the kids with new Christmas books that feel a little more "grown up". :)


No comments:

Post a Comment