Friday, June 26, 2015

Little Miss, Big Sis by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

5 stars
received for review

In case somehow I have missed saying this before (or you have missed reading it before): I LOVE Amy Krouse Rosenthal.

L.O.V.E.  Love.

So I was ridiculously excited when this one showed up.  (And not just because that was the day we got five packages from Harper Collins.  Yes, you read that right-- FIVE.)

This is a follow-up to Plant A Kiss, though it's not the kind of sequel where you must read the first one first.  (If you haven't read it, you really should.  It's cute.)

Little Miss is going to be a big sis, which is very exciting.  The journey through pregnancy, newborn, baby, into toddler and preschool years is covered quickly in Rosenthal's awesome spare prose-- all through the eyes of the new big sis.

I find myself really wishing this had come out a few years ago.... now that we are past the "new baby" stage it feels less apt for our family.

If it's apt for your family, I highly recommend it for a new big sis.  Especially one who is a little older-- preschool/young elementary age.

(Even if it doesn't seem apt, it's an adorable read!)

No comments:

Post a Comment