Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cards That Wow With Sizzix

Techniques and Ideas for Using Die-Cutting and Embossing Machines
by Sizzix, Featuring licensed artist Stephanie Barnard

received for review

4 stars
idea book

A good idea book with large photos, lists of (some) supplies used, and some tips and tricks.

I wish it had a bit more by way of cards that could go through the mail easily... many included so many layers and shapes and pop-up options that they would definitely require extra postage.  I also wish some of the sections were organized a bit better-- the holiday section felt like a few random other holidays, a whole ton of Christmas, a couple of Halloween (which there had already been earlier), then more Christmas.  Grouping holidays would have been nice.  (I realize this is a nit-picky OCD complaint, but I seriously had to go back through trying to decide if I'd missed a page somewhere.)

Some of the tips and tricks are awesome! :)  And I really love some of cards.  (I wish I knew what brand and such the paper was!  It's all so cute... but I didn't see any info on it.)

There's a good coverage for different occasions-- celebrations (mostly birthday), holidays, thinking of you, miss you, hello friend, thank you, etc.

Really though, any of the card designs could be adapted to any occasion.  There are also some ideas for using cards in other projects-- decor, boxes, etc.

I really love how large the photos are-- crisp and detailed.  :)

LuLu would also like to (excitedly) point out that there are "polkanuts".  That girl sure loves "polkanuts".

No comments:

Post a Comment