Saturday, September 19, 2015

Picture Book Round-Up-- Kar Ben Publishing

We've received a couple more great books from Kar Ben to share with you!

3 Falafels in my Pita
A Counting Book of Israel
board book
5 stars

My little girls LOVE this book.  I love saying "falafel".  ;)

A cute counting book with simple text (numbers 1-10), with many things featured from Israel.  For example: Masada, the beach, falafel (obviously), Tel Aviv, Eilat, and the Western Wall.

I totally recommend this one-- it's a great size, the simple text is ideal for toddlers, and the bright illustrations have universal appeal.

The Wren and the Sparrow
picture book
4 stars

I wanted this one to have a little more history... I was thinking it was more specifically based on a true story rather than just on the musicians in the ghetto in general.

That said, it's a wonderfully told story with gorgeous illustrations and I really enjoyed it.

While it is a picture book, the length and themes make it one for an older audience, say elementary school age.  I could see using it in a classroom even in the upper elementary grades and it's the kind of picture book Boo still chooses to read.

A great gift idea for a teacher or anyone who loves historical stories from WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment