Thursday, October 20, 2016

Raven Queen by Pauline Francis

2.5 stars
YF

I so wanted this to be good.  It's totally my thing and I was excited to read it.

Meh.

It just.... wasn't.

I can't quite put my finger on why.... the writing is fine.  The story is interesting.

But it just didn't work.

I think my issue (at least in part) was the level of liberties taken with historical characters/events.  There just doesn't seem to be evidence to support this take on Jane and the half the book is from the perspective of an admittedly entirely fictitious character.

I don't know... it just didn't work for me.  I think the story would have been better either A) sticking closer to what we actually know about Jane or B) as complete fiction that maybe is very loosely based on an actual event.

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment