Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Gift Guide Astronomy Edition

Astronomy is kind of a big thing in my house.

So when Quarto Books offered us these titles for review, we really couldn't say no.

Destination: Space by Christoph Englert
Five cadets explore deep space in this awesome book.  Picture book format, great illustrations, and fabulous information.  I think this one's going to be a favorite around here for a long time.

Astronomy Lab for Kids by Michelle Nichols
How cool is this?!  Kids learn all about space with 52 lessons/activities.  We haven't done any of them yet, but I'm looking forward to it for sure.  Plus I'm absolutely going through these to see what will help Mister pass off some Cub Scout stuff!  (And really, who wouldn't want to learn about the speed of light with a candy bar?)  Also, at least one of my kids needs to do the science fair this year....

If you've got budding scientists on your list, I would definitely take a look at these!

No comments:

Post a Comment