Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas Gift Guide Holiday Edition

Wait what?  Isn't every one of these a Holiday Edition by definition?

Well yeah.

Kind of.

Except this time we're going to talk about books that are specifically HOLIDAY books.

Clark the Shark Loves Christmas by Bruce Hale
We love Clark the Shark around here (mostly), so I was excited to see a Christmas book with our favorite shark.  I like the story.  I'm excited to add this one to our holiday collection.  Highly recommended for the preschool/kindergarten crowd.

Prissy & Pop Deck the Halls by Melissa Nicholson
Um.... I haven mixed feelings on this one, but I'm including it anyway.  I think the Prissy & Pop books are a little weird.  They take admittedly adorable photos and then kind of... force a story onto them.  The pictures are adorable but the text just doesn't do it for me.  However, if you have someone who loves pigs or is aware of the Prissy & Pop instagram stuff, you might take a look at this one.

Christmas in the Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
Illustrations by Anna Dewdney!  If you're looking for a nice picture book of the Nativity story, you should look at this one.

Five Little Elves by Dan Yaccarino
Board Book!  The elves have to help the man in red in this silly take on a classic nursery rhyme.  Great choice for the toddlers on your list.

Mog's Christmas by Judith Kerr
This is a reprint (I think?) of a Christmas picture book from the 70s, so it is maybe a little dated, but I find it really cute.  The copy we received for review is sized such that you could even put it in a stocking!

The Most Perfect Snowman by Chris Britt
I really like this one.  It's just such a sweet little story.  If you ignore the rest of this list (which you shouldn't-- what's wrong with you?) at least look at this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment