Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald

4 stars
R- 2-3 (nothing graphic, but general discussion of sexuality)

Yet another "not really what I expected".  Though perhaps if I'd read the back cover more carefully I'd have had a better idea what to expect, lol.  I'm not very good about that sometimes.

The general discussion of sexuality was possibly a little odd, to me at least.  I actually wonder, though, if that's more about the difference between American and European sensibilities.

I've read complaints about the translation, but honestly I don't see why.  I didn't even realize it was a translation and that's generally the kind of thing I notice pretty quickly.

I enjoyed the characters and while much of the romance was a little predictable and/or annoying it did have an interesting twist in the long run.

This is a book about books, but not necessarily in the way you might think.  I enjoyed Sara's arranging and rearranging of the book store shelves as she grouped books differently.

I'm not doing a very good job of capturing this novel in this review....

Ultimately, I enjoyed it; I found it charming.

Go read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment