Friday, February 17, 2017

A Question of Inheritance by Elizabeth Edmondson

5 stars
r- 1
sequel to A Man of Some Repute

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so once again a delightful mystery.  I love the feel and the setting and the characters.

You must must MUST read the first one first.... plus probably the novella, which is #1.5 (A Youthful Indiscretion) which apparently would have made the beginning of this one make more sense.

(I thought I'd just forgotten more than I thought I had of book 1, lol, but it appears that the novella clears things up.)

Unfortunately, reviews indicate that the novella is not quite as well written/edited as the novels, which is a shame.

The real reason for my outburst at the beginning of this post though is that the author died.

DIED.

Just over a year ago.

:(

According to her website, publishers have contracted with her son to complete the third book, but I'm still devastated.

We shall have to see what happens, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment