Thursday, June 22, 2017

A List of Middle Grade-ish Things

(These are books we've received for review and kept... and my kids probably have read, or will read.... but I don't necessarily intend to do so myself.... but I'm telling you they exist.... 'cause I'm helpful that way.)

A Dog Like Daisy by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb
This story of a dog training to be a service animal for soldiers with PTSD is told from the dog's perspective as far as I can tell.  Looks like a really sweet story.

Marty Pants #1: Do Not Open! by Mark Parisi
Another new option for kids who are into the Diary of a Wimpy Kid style.  Looks pretty funny.

Planet Jupiter by Jane Kurtz
This one I hope to get to, but I'm listing it A) just in case and B) so that y'all don't have to wait that long to hear about it.  This is a coming of age-ish, finding family sort of a tale.

The Supernormal Sleuthing Service #1: The Lost Legacy by Gwenda Bond and Christopher Rowe
Look at that title-- what's not to love there??  (Unless you're my weird son who balks at fantasy in book form but spends ridiculous amounts of time playing basically fantasy-based games.  Whatever.)

Pixie Piper and the Matter of the Batter by Annabelle Fisher
I don't want to say the title aloud to often or too quickly, but this one looks fun.  Plus I think it has recipes.

Olga the the Smelly Thing from Nowhere by Elise Gravel
Another Diary-ish book, this one looks weirder and possibly for a younger audience.  Naturally it went straight to MeiMei.

Chester and Gus by Cammie McGovern
Another dog trying to be a service dog, again from the dog's point of view.  Looks cute.  Mister liked it, I believe.

King of the Bench: No Fear! by Steve Moore
Yet another Diary-ish style book.  About a kid who is the bench-warmer in every sport.  Always.  Looks silly but great for elementary school kids, especially boys.

Gabby Garcia's Ultimate Playbook by Iva-Marie Palmer
Interestingly-- given that this is a book about SPORTS and a GIRL-- Mister took this right away and read it.  And seemed to like it.  Weird.  Diary-ish again, about a baseball-obsessed girl trying to keep her win-streak going.

No comments:

Post a Comment