Friday, July 7, 2017

Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding

Tales of the Ketty Jay #1

3 stars
pirate-y sci-fi ish
language
R-2

So... while yes, fans of Firefly would probably enjoy this.... DO NOT go in thinking "this will be just like Firefly!" because you'll be disappointed.

That was part of my struggle.

The other part simply being this just isn't my thing.  I prefer my sci-fi onscreen.

If sci-fi ish stuff is your thing (which it's only sort of sci-fi ish really.... it's more pirates meet old west meet airplanes)....

If that sounds like it's right up your alley then you should probably pick this one up.

There were some random story elements that didn't fit/felt forced/whatever, but I'm thinking that will possibly straighten itself out over the course of the series.

Also, I didn't actually read the Captain's Log thing at the end... because while the voice started out really amusing it got old fast (for me personally) and I simply didn't care enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment