Thursday, March 1, 2018

Farmers' Market Mysteries by Paige Shelton

Farm Fresh Murder
Fruit of All Evil
Crops and Robbers
Red Hot Deadly Peppers (novella)
A Killer Maize
Merry Market Murder
Bushel Full of Murder

4 stars each
(except Crops and Robbers which I apparently gave 5 stars)
R- 1-2

It's possible that I've reviewed one or two of these in the past.  I discovered them a while ago... I think the first was a Reader's Choice book.

But I had gotten behind, so at the beginning of the year I decided to re-read/read them all.

Let me tell you, when you decide to read 4 different series by the same author at about the same time... you have to pay attention to which series you're in at any given time.

Anyway.

These are fun cozies.  There is a love triangle (gag) but it's not too bad and thankfully gets resolved neatly enough. (Though there is a cliffhanger aspect there.)

But the triangle doesn't start right away and gets taken care of in book 4, so yay.

My main complaint is that you can't introduce a character in a mid-series novella and have him clearly state that he's NOT law enforcement and then bring him back in a novel later as a cop.  You gotta explain it or something.

I'm nitpicky that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment