Friday, December 5, 2008

I Really Want to Post more Lisa Shearin...

but I won't.
Though, maybe I should, because the next 2 books up on the reader's choice list were just kind of blah.

The Maidenstone Lighthouse by Sally Smith O'Rourke
2 stars
R- 3ish

Yawn. This book has a serious identity crisis. It's labelled a "romantic thriller" but the thriller part doesn't come in until the end. And the romance part is all tangled up in the overly benign ghost story part. Like I said, identity crisis. It was okay, I didn't hate it. If you're into that kind of thing, pick it up. It does take place in Rhode Island, if that's a draw for you. But yeah, overall, yawn.

The Mark by Jason Pinter
I haven't read this one, but it looks interesting. Maybe I'll put it on hold once I have hold spots again.

Mermaids in the Basement by Michael West
2.5 stars
R- 3ish

Um... this book was just kind of odd. Eccentric family, mother's secrets, estranged father... That about covers it. It wasn't bad, but it really wasn't memorable. In fact, I can't think of anything else to say about it.

Wow, what a dull post... So here's just a tiny bit more Lisa Shearin :D
My name is Raine Benares. Until last week I was a seeker—a finder of things lost and people missing. Now I'm psychic roommates with the Saghred, an ancient stone with cataclysmic powers. Just me, the stone, and all the souls it's ingested over the centuries. Crowded doesn't even begin to describe it...

No comments:

Post a Comment