Thursday, December 4, 2008

More Lisa Shearin

Because really, it's what I feel like doing.

So, Armed and Magical, which I would rate about the same as the first one.

Here's an exerpt (which I for some reason cannot decide how to spell) from Chapter 2:
I knew I wasn't being arrested—at least I didn't think I was. It's just that certain members of my family have had extensive experience with what being arrested looked and felt like. What had just happened to me met both criteria. You know what they say, if it looks like an arrest and feels like an arrest, chances are it is an arrest.

And later in that chapter....
"So you're the one who's giving me ulcers," he said.
"It's the least I can do since I've driven you to drink."
Valerian snorted, a sort of laugh. "This job did that years ago. Or at least it gave me a good excuse. After this morning, you probably want to join me."

Here's another one, from later in the book: (this one I'm doing from memory, so it may not be word for word)
"... hand in vice is simple assault, dagger in ribs is attempted murder. My family did teach me the difference."
"Do you want to press charges?"
Me, press charges? That would be a first for a Benares.

Okay, I'll stop. But, really, I could go on and on and on. Magic Lost, Trouble Found is on hold for me at the library! I know what I'm reading this weekend....
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment