Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birds Of A Feather.....

Or.... something.

Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
2.5 Stars
R- 3.75

This book was... okay. Actually I'd give part 2 more stars all by itself, but part 1 really dragged it down. The style was choppy and it took too long.

I mean, really, in a book that's less than 300 pages long, spending more than 100 just setting things up.... is a bit much. You don't really get to the point of the book until like half-way through.

I guess maybe the journey is the point, but still. It dragged. Pretty bad.

Part 1 is also where a great majority of the risqueity resides. Between that and the style... I skimmed a lot of part 1. Okay, I skimmed all of part 1.

Part 2 kind of has a Roommates Wanted vibe. People start filling Sarah's home and life after the loss of her husband. Little by little, she comes into her own among this group of castaways. A good story, it just could have been told better.

Hmm... what a blah post. Maybe I'll have to go find something amusing to conteract it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment