Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Cat That Made Me Cry

Dewey Readmore Books... Which is officially a fabulous name for a cat.

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
5 Stars
nonfiction

Okay, tears did not actually fall, but came blasted close. And I rarely cry. Very very rarely.

But who could remain untouched by the story of the sweet kitten found in the book drop on the coldest morning of the year?

Dewey's story was well-written and powerful, entertaining and sweet. A wonderful read. I recommend it to anyone, even if you're not a huge cat fan.

This endearing cat makes me wish that our local library had a kitty. Even though I'm allergic. And even though a book I read a few weeks ago had cat hair on every page. (*Shudder*)

Dewey's story isn't just the story of a cat. It's the story of a woman, a town, a region... that would never be the same.

1 comment:

  1. I too loved this book, even though I don't generally like cats. (I am also allergic and recently checked out a book with pet hair shedding from its pages...ew!)

    ReplyDelete