Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vitals by Greg Bear

4 stars
R- 3... maybe 3.5... it's mostly towards the end though

This book is so weird.

Don't get me wrong, it was good.  But it was weird.

Especially the ending.  Not really a happy ending.

It starts with the quest for eternal life.  Not in a spiritual sense, but in a scientific, biological sense.

Then people start going crazy.  And killing each other.  And Hal Cousins has to figure out what's going on before "they" get him too.  Whoever "they" are.

Intrigue, conspiracy... this book is a great mix.  Part sci-fi, part Manchurian Candidate.  Be warned, though, it's also part freaky/creepy.

I did find it somewhat confusing, but I think it's mostly me.  This was a little deep to be reading on only four hours of sleep a night. ;)

This counts for the Support Your Local Library Challenge, and the Take Another Chance Challenge.  (Yeah, I was going to read Greg Bear's Eon, and I still might, but that part of the challenge is author based, so this one counts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment