Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Memorist by MJ Rose

4 stars
R- 2
Sequel to The Reincarnationist

So, you remember how I said the first book had a HUGE MAJOR INSANE cliffhanger ending?!? 

THIS DOES NOT PICK UP WHERE THAT ONE LEFT OFF.

There is only one carryover character!  (Well, okay, there's the aunt, but she's such a minor character she doesn't count.)

Overally, I think I liked the story in this one better, but there are still soooooo many unanswered questions.  You come away not really sure who was behind any of what happened.

There were also a couple of places where it was like, "Seriously, none of the characters saw that coming?  Really?" but that's probably more a case of the reader having more knowledge than the characters....

I really really wanted to give this one 5 stars, but the unanswered questions and the lingering frustration over the previous ending keep me from giving it all 5.  Much less sex in this one and not too much language, so that made me happy.

And for all they're frustrating, these are fascinating stories.  :)

Counts for the Support Your Local Library challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment