Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Camelot Caper by Elizabeth Peters

4 stars
r-1

That is a totally different cover.... and it makes no sense.  Oh well.

Anyway, what a fun romp about England!

A while back I raided my aunt's bookcase-- looking for Amelia Peabody books-- and simply grabbed everything by Elizabeth Peters, assuming they all belonged to that series.  (Which I acknowledge is dumb.... Like grabbing everything by Dorothy Gilman and assuming they're all Mrs. Pollifax books.)  I was sorting through them the other day trying to figure out what order to read them in and realized three were not Amelia Peabody books at all.

This one is a stand-alone, at least as far as I can tell.  A "romantic suspense" about a girl with a ring and a few random English relatives she's never met.  But before she can get to the old family homestead, people start chasing her about for no apparent reason.

All in all, a great light summer read.  Fluff, really.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment