Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

4 stars
R- 3.5

Definitely racy and a little slim on plot, but oh my gosh it was funny!!

Like laugh out loud, good thing I'm not drinking anything because it would be coming out my nose FUNNY.

Snorting out loud hoping you don't wake up the kids funny.

(Did I mention it was funny?)

I read a review on Goodreads where the reviewer actually said someone should tell the author that stringing together a huge chain of jokes does not constitute a novel, lol.

And it was slim on plot, I'll agree with that.  Though it actually wasn't as slim on plot as I thought it was going to be.

Really more of a paranormal romance with a mystery thrown in, but the mystery stuff is totally there.  As are bunches of crazy dead people.  And crazy living people, though in some ways that seems redundant. ;)

Plus, as a huge bonus, there's a funny little quote as the heading for each chapter.  Things like "When fighting clowns, always go for the juggler".  I love it.

So overall, if you like romance/don't mind racy, like paranormal and mystery and want a good laugh, this one is a good bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment