Monday, June 3, 2013

Meet Boo

So, I decided that since I've been hit or miss on blogging in general lately... and haven't really talked as much about the kids in a while... I should just take a few days at the beginning of the summer reading stuff and introduce everyone. :)

So Boo.  This is Boo:
(Aw, look how young we were.)

Okay, obviously that's an old picture.  Here's a more recent one:


Boo is going to be in third grade, but she reads on a 6th (maybe 7th?) grade level.  She LOVES to read.

I suddenly understand why my reading frustrated my parents... and I'm being paid back in spades.  Darn that karma.

Some of Boo's favorite books include:
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
the Dr. Doolittle books
The Sisters Club
any and all things Boxcar Children
Fantastic Mr. Fox
the Oz books... yes, all of them

That's a severely abbreviated list, you understand.  Just off the top of my head.

Hopefully, Boo will be doing some of the reviewing this summer...

BUT since she doesn't like to read things that I suggest... and she tends to get stuck in ruts rereading the same books over and over and over and over...
What do YOU think Boo should read this summer?  I'm looking for ideas... and if I can honestly say someone else suggested it, all the better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment