Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Adoption: A Subject Near and Dear

This is a subject close to my heart-- without it I would be an only child.

See, aren't we cute?

Adoption has also blessed the lives of family and friends, so while I totally missed the boat on posting this during National Adoption Month (that was November, if you missed it), I didn't want to just skip posting it entirely.

So at this time of year, when we celebrate our families and (hopefully) get to spend lots of time with our families, I want to give a shout out to Mary Ostyn and her book Forever Mom: What to Expect When You're Adopting.

 In Forever Mom, Mary shares her own experiences of adopting six children, and inspires those who have been called to adopt by providing practical tools and advice for how to make it work.  She also gives advice on how to:
  • Prepare your other children for new siblings
  • Help babies, toddlers, and older children settle in
  • Build heart connections
  • Address misbehavior while remaining connected
  • Nurture your marriage in the midst of it all
  • And More!
Here's the book trailer:




Really, whether you have adopted or may adopt or even just know someone who has or may-- watch the trailer and pass the word along about this book.

Because it's about time someone wrote a "What to expect" for mommies whose babies grow in their hearts instead of their tummies.


(For the record, writing this post totally made me cry.  And I think Pixie is too old for me to blame that on baby hormones.)

No comments:

Post a Comment