Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bookish Gift Idea Round Up-- "Grown up" Edition

“Daily Zen Doodles,” a new book featuring 365 zentangle drawings that are designed to help you take those steps toward mindfulness.  I got a copy of this one for review and it is really pretty cool.  Can't wait to doodle all over it!


The Study of Pose  :   1,000 Poses by Coco Rocha,   100,000 images,   2,000+ pages,  Concept and Photography by Steven Sebring, Foreword by Jean Paul Gaultier.  This is one that would really appeal to anyone in your life with an interest in dance, photography, or even drawing.  I was given an online sneak peek opportunity for this and it's pretty cool.  Also, the digital edition allows you to rotate the images to see the pose from all angles.  Awesome concept.
"Coloring Animal Mandalas" is another I was able to get a review copy of and I am SO EXCITED to play with it!  These coloring pages are amazing.  Check out the clip.
Is that not awesome?  I think I need new colored pencils to go with it. :)

“William Shakespeare Rewritten by You,” a humorous new book where you rephrase the most famous scenes ever penned in merry pursuit of amusement.  Think MadLibs, but Shakespeare.  Oh my gosh, this one is soooooo much fun!  My review copy has already provided much amusement for my friend and me... and we haven't even gone through it all!

William Shakespeare's Star Wars by Ian Doescher.  Having now received and read review copies of all three (original trilogy, you understand... the good ones) I cannot recommend them enough.  EVERY GEEK NEEDS THESE FOR CHRISTMAS.  EVERY. SINGLE. GEEK.  :)

Unless it Moves the Human Heart by Roger Rosenblatt.  This was another review copy I got and really loved.  As a writer, so much of this resonated with me.  Not quite everything, but an awful lot.  Great choice for the writer on your list.

Other titles that would make great options:
The Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel (for the history lover)
Phoenix Rising by Ryk E. Spoor (for the fantasy lover)
Who Killed Roger Ackroyd? by Pierre Bayard (for the mystery and/or literary analysis lover)
The Best of Connie Willis (for the sci-fi lover)

No comments:

Post a Comment