Monday, June 26, 2017

It's All Absolutely Fine by Ruby Elliot

4 stars
Language (both US and UK varieties)

So having seen various of the comics online I was really looking forward to this.

Turns out I wish it had more prose and fewer comics... it ended up being the prose that really resonated with me.

Great read for anyone with body image issues, eat disorders, depression, etc etc etc

As long as language doesn't bother you.

Interesting quotes:

"Sadly I think I knew what a muffin top was before I knew what the term misogyny meant, so that says it all really."

"You can feel good about yourself but not before posting an Instagram photo of yourself sprinkling healthful protein dust onto a snot green smoothie with the caption 'just about to go for a seventeen mile yoga jog!'"
(I just really like the idea of a yoga jog.... makes me giggle)

"When I looked at myself and saw something 'incorrect' and not okay about my appearance then I was a bad person.  And bad person is a very understated way of saying 'a terrible... train wreck of a person.  Not 'a' terrible.  The MOST terrible.  Ever.  Of all time'... It wasn't just that I felt bad; I became the bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment